Friday 22 June 2007

Pretenders

Yesterday I Googled "the walking fool" for the first time. Now I'm not one of those vain types who like to boost their egos by Googling their name everyday and counting how many times it crops up (215,000, but some of those are bound to be imposters). But I am happy to report that this blog was at the top of the list of results. What was worrying, however, was to discover just how many usurpers there are out there. One of my main rivals for the Walking Fool crown would appear to be a comedian and "hack actor" from New York by the name of Mark E. Philips, who in 2001 tried to walk across the U.S. He failed, probably because he had by his own admission "a lousy sense of direction", but it may also have had something to do with the fact that he carried a 70-pound (32-kilogram) backpack. Must have been full of video gear to make his weekly public access show, footage of which he cobbled together into a feature-length movie, provocatively entitled The Walking Fool. You can watch the trailer here if you want. Personally I've got more important things to do.

Distance walked yesterday: 0km
Total distance walked since blog began: 131.8km

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you managed to walk -3 k's today?

YudA

Walking fool said...

Yeah, I walked backwards! No, actually I did a cut and paste but used figures from two days ago by mistake. Fixed now.