Friday 8 June 2007

Cargo pants


This morning I braved the chilly weather and walked over to Riccarton and back. I put a bit of plaster over the proto-blister before I set off, and while it was a bit tender at first, before long I'd forgotten all about it and I was prancing along just like I was four or five weeks ago. It was as though the toe episode never happened.

While at Riccarton I spotted some nice Line 7 cotton cargo pants on sale for $89 (down from $150). I couldn't decide between Ceramic and Fatigue Green, so I bought a pair of each! One of them is destined to join my GAP cotton pants as a part of my Kisokaido Project wardrobe.

The shop assistant complimented me on my choice of trousers, saying they were good travel pants. She seemed convinced I was from overseas. (This happens to me quite often, usually when I'm out shopping with Keiko.) She asked me where I was from, and seemed a bit disappointed when I told her I'd journeyed all the way from Spreydon. Maybe it was the cowboy hat that threw her.

Distance walked today: 7.6km
Total distance walked since blog began: 91.3km

No comments: