Saturday 16 June 2007

Bouncing back

Despite Keiko urging me to take it easy and rest my leg, I walked into town and back yesterday, stopping in at Bivouac to buy the Sunburst Osprey Aether 60 backpack I'd ordered earlier in the week. The shop assistant spent ages making sure the pack was properly adjusted, even going as far as scavenging shoulder straps from a large pack of the same make and model because he thought the ones on the medium pack I'd ordered were too short. I felt a slight twinge in the groin once when my foot landed awkwardly, but apart from that I had no real problems. The groin feels pretty good right now. I've just been to the supermarket and back and experienced no twinges or pain along the way. Work permitting, I plan to head up onto the Cashmere Hills again tomorrow.

Distance walked yesterday: 9.7km
Distance walked today: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 119.7km

1 comment:

Erik said...

do be sure and let your groin recover, matthew. keiko might be right. i know you're not some young kid, but first-round draft pick rookie receiver chad jackson could barely contribute to the patriots last season, largely blamed on rushing him back from a groin injury sustained in training camp. talk to you tomorrow, might be a bit later than usual, hearing late beethoven string quartets at carnegie hall (free) after a dinner of yakitori.