Sunday 17 June 2007

Blister update

A week or so ago I developed the beginnings of a blister on the back of my left heel, caused by a combination of not having worn shoes for a few weeks and either my expensive new trekking socks or my walking awkwardly due to recent minor toe surgery. At the time I mentioned buying some special blister plasters. Well, I'm delighted to report that they worked.

I used these Scholl Blister Clear Gel Plasters for just three days or so, and not only did they relieve the pain completely, but they seemed to speed up the healing process. I'm now walking freely again without them.

They were really secure, too, showing no sign of slipping off due to sweat (or maybe it's just that I don't sweat as much as Yuda, who reported experiencing this problem with the blister plasters he used). At around NZ$15 for a pack of five, they're not cheap (they utilize "new generation hydra-gel technology", you understand), but I'll definitely be taking some with me on the Nakasendo walk in October.

Today's walk wasn't the big training walk I'd planned, but a shopping walk. Still, it all counts.

Distance walked today: 6.1km
Total distance walked since blog began: 125.8km

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They've probably improved quite a bit in the last ten years since I was tramping and hunting on a regular basis.

This were pretty much glorified band-aids back then

YudA