Sunday 1 July 2007

Plan B


I had another day off today, so the plan was to back up yesterday's effort with a walk of a similar distance today. Keiko and I had to go over to New Brighton, where my father and his partner live, to pick up some curtains. My idea was to drive over and then have Keiko bring the car back while I walked home, a distance of around 13km. I even went as far as plotting the route on MapMyWalk to confirm the distance.

In the end, however, things didn't quite work out as planned. We were pressed for time, and Keiko decided she wanted to go for a walk too, so after driving to my father's we left the car there and did what we thought was a 5km circuit (which turned out to be more like 7km) taking in nearby New Brighton Beach before driving home together. We didn't get back till after dark, but it was a beautiful afternoon, warmer even than yesterday, and it was fun walking through a part of town neither of us was very familiar with. In fact we both felt as though we could have been in some completely different city, in some completely different country. Strange how you can live virtually your entire life in some place and still not really know it.

Distance walked today: 9.9km
Total distance walked since blog began: 170km

No comments: