Wednesday 4 July 2007

109 days to go

This afternoon I walked across to Magnum Mac in Sydenham to buy a new power adaptor for my iBook. (Ignore the distance markers on the map above, by the way. Don't now what went wrong there!) On the way back I popped in to Rebel Sports and couldn't resist trying on some Team Stolite rain trousers, which were on sale at 30% off. I ended up buying them. They're navy blue, and go nicely with my "ocean" (light blue) Gore-Tex jacket. (The old Gore-Tex rain pants I had were an almost fluorescent bright green and clashed a bit with the jacket, plus they were dirty and worn.) I thought of adding another tally at the bottom of each post keeping track of how much I've spent on the Kisokaido Project, but decided it was too scary. Instead I've added a countdown showing how many days left until the launch of the project on 22 October (the day before our departure from Kyoto).

Oh, big news! Erik has bought his tickets! You can see how happy he is here.

Distance walked today: 8.4km
Total distance walked since blog began: 192km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 109

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude some posts here are beginning to bear a strange resemblance to American Psycho

Grant

Walking fool said...

It's all about the art, dude. I mean, you wouldn't dream of using colours that clash in your paintings, would you? It's the same with my rain wear. I will be a painting that moves.

Erik said...

still haven't walked in heavy rain yet. my submersible camcorder case did arrive, though. it's transparent, won't clash with any of your wardrobe or equipment.