Monday 2 July 2007

Shoes

I walked to Riccarton Mall and back this morning - the long way. While there I tried on some waterproof shoes, including some New Balance 965s and some Rockports. I found the 965s a little stiff and uncomfortable, surprising considering the sole is exactly the same as the 748s I already own. The Rockports probably felt the best, but they also had the biggest price tag (nearly NZ$300).

At the last minute I decided to try on a pair of 748s in the size larger than the ones I have, mainly because I wanted to see if it was the newness of the 965s that was the cause of the stiffness. It wasn't. I found the new 748s quite a bit more comfortable than the 965s. In fact they were probably as comfortable as the Rockports, but only half the price.

My 748s have performed pretty well in light rain, so the question is do I want to shell out a lot more to guarantee my feet stay dry. At the moment I'm tempted to get another pair of 748s, but I might wait until I've tried my current pair in some seriously wet weather before making a final decision.

Distance walked today: 10.6km
Total distance walked since blog began: 180.6km

No comments: