Friday 27 July 2007

Two rivers (the route)

It's over 30km, all right. In fact, it's over 40km! Lucky I mapped it out first, otherwise I would have been in for a nasty surprise tomorrow. I could cut it down to a manageable length by taking a shortcut from around the 23km mark to the 33km mark, but then I wouldn't be able to visit my father in New Brighton or stop in at K's for a cup of tea. Alternatively I could walk as far as the centre of town and then take the bus home, but that would still make it around 40km. Erik did 40km. He also felt like a piece of shit afterwards. I've got around 17 hours to come up with another plan.

Distance walked today: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 322.4km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 86

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that sounded like quite an ambitious walk for one day, it would be quite a stunner though. I used to walk around the avon when I was a kid on early winter mornings. When the mist was just starting to rise it was quite beautiful.

K.

Unknown said...

You can call in at our place for refreshments! Or I can meet you down at the river with a wet sponge and cheer you on!
Stephanie