Thursday 26 July 2007

Two rivers (the plan)

Yesterday I sat down and planned a hike that'll take me east along the Heathcote River as far as the Estuary and then back into town along the Avon River, taking in several walks from the City Council's Walk Christchurch book along the way, as well as a section along the Avon River I covered last Saturday. I'm not sure exactly how far it'll be, but I'm banking on it being over 30km.

One part of town that's not really covered in the book is the area west of the Estuary from Ferrymead to South New Brighton. There are some parks and bird-watching areas in the vicinity, but most of the area is taken up with Te Huingi Manu Wildlife Reserve, which you need special permission to enter.

It's been lovely and warm the last couple of days. I just hope the nice weather continues until Saturday, which is when I intend to put the plan into action.

Distance walked today: 3km
Distance walked yesterday: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 319.4km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 87

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drop by for a cuppa for you want

K.