Friday 3 August 2007

Why I never became an architect

Apologies for the lack of posts this week. I wish I could say it's because I've been busy walking. Instead, it's work commitments (and general slackness) that have prevented me from posting as often as I'd like. Actually, I tend to find it easier to write when I have been out walking, as that's when I do a lot of thinking about the Kisokaido Project - and other things.

Last Saturday, for example, while admiring all the different houses along the Heathcote River, I was reminded of my early aspirations to become an architect and started composing a lengthy post that touched on, among other things, the 1970s TV series The Courtship of Eddie's Father (starring Bill Bixby, whom I mistakenly thought played an architect, possibly confusing him with Robert Reed, who did play an architect in another, far less classy, 1970s TV series, The Brady Bunch) and my trauma at realizing at the age of 13 or 14 that I lacked one of the main talents required in order to pursue such a career, namely, the ability to draw neatly.

Anyway, for some reason (possibly fatigue) I never got round to finishing that post. Maybe I'll do better this weekend. I'm intending to do another 30km-plus walk. I haven't worked out where yet, although the thought of completing the second leg of the Two Rivers walk is inviting.

Distance walked today: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 370.1km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 79

No comments: