Saturday 25 August 2007

To iPod or not to iPod

Erik and I had a very enjoyable Skype session on Thursday (at least it was enjoyable for me). I brought up the question of whether or not I should take my iPod (or maybe it was my noise-canceling headphones - I can't quite remember), since with the adapter and all it weighs quite a bit. Apparently I'd discussed it with Erik before, because he said the fact that I've mentioned it more than once means that I definitely will end up taking it.

The only times I think I'd use to it would be on the plane on the way over and possibly at night. No way would I listen to it during the actual walking. In fact I've never been tempted to shut off my ears to the sounds around me while walking, jogging, or cycling. One reason is that it's dangerous if you can't hear traffic approaching. But also I quite enjoy taking in the sounds around me out on the street. It's all part of the walking experience.

Distance walked today: 0km
Distance walked yesterday: 3km
Distance walked day before yesterday: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 495km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 59

No comments: