Sunday 19 August 2007

Lazy Sunday

I felt a tad guilty today as I had another entire day off work and therefore should have backed up yesterday's walk with another of equal if not longer duration. But I felt inspired to write, so instead I stayed home most of the day working on a memoir I started over a year ago and hadn't touched for several months.

When I did head out (to the supermarket) I got halfway down the street and felt something wasn't right. I was sure I'd left by small shopping backpack at home, and had actually turned around to go back and get it when I realized it was actually on my back. I laughed as I realized it was so light compared to the one I had on yesterday I hadn't noticed it. That's the best thing about walking around with a heavy load on your back; it feels great when you take it off.

I received final confirmation of another accommodation booking yesterday. It's at Daikokuya, the old place with the dirt floor I've written about a couple times. It seems the people who run it also have a gallery of some sort. I'm sure that'll get Erik all excited. Maybe they'll be interested in showing some of the work we do along the way or after we get home.

Distance walked today: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 478.8km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 64

1 comment: