Saturday 22 September 2007

Update and some links

Today's "distance walked" is a bit of a guess. Keiko and I again headed up to the Sign of the Kiwi, but instead of taking the Harry Ell Walkway, we went through Victoria Park, following a number of different tracks that eventually led us to the Summit Road. I then carried on along the Crater Rim Walkway on my own like last week, but instead of coming down the Rapaki Track I took the imaginatively titled Farm Track. It was much nicer than Rapaki. It's a lot quieter for a start, plus it's covered in grass most of the way, so you don't end up getting covered in dust. Once at the bottom I came straight home via Beckenham without stopping in at Stephanie's for scones.

A couple of links. This one's an article about a couple of blokes who're walking the route of the Paris-Dakar Rally. That's 6000km! They aim to cover 50km a day, which means it should take them - let's see - around 120 days? You're supposed to be able to follow their progress here, although it was all a bit too confusing (and too French!) for me. This one, about Vibram FiveFingers ("the only footwear to offer the exhilarating joy of going barefoot with the protection and sure-footed grip of a Vibram sole"), was sent to me by my brother. Or you could try some of these much cooler traditional Japanese cloven-hoof models. Enjoy!

Distance walked today: 25km
Total distance walked since blog began: 664.8km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 31

No comments: