Saturday 1 September 2007

Summit's edge

Another weekend, another walk up to the Sign of the Kiwi. This time Keiko took the car half way up and we walked the most pleasant stretch (from the Sign of the Takahe to the top) together. She took this photo of me on the way down.

I should have done more, but I had on my new Rockport Summit's Edge shoes and so didn't want to overdo it. They felt good. Plus they're waterproof.

Well, I've cracked 530km, which is about the distance we'll be covering in Japan. Except we'll be doing it in 23 days rather than four and a half months. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Distance walked today: 16.2km
Distance walked yesterday: 7.2km
Distance walked Wednesday: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 543.6km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 52

No comments: