Thursday 6 September 2007

Laces locked

I'm still not entirely happy with my new Rockport Summit's Edge walking shoes. I solved the blister problem (I think) by putting the insoles from my old New Balance 748s inside the Rockports, but when I walked to the supermarket on Tuesday and again today I still felt they were a bit lose around the ankle. When I got down to the supermarket today I tried "lock-lacing" them (a method I've used to good effect in the past on my running shoes), and they felt a lot better on the way home. I'll know for sure whether I've fixed the problem or not on the weekend when I plan to wear them on a long walk with my backpack on.

Distance walked today: 3km
Distance walked the day before yesterday: 3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 565km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 47

2 comments:

Lee said...

Good luck I will try to keep up with your news...... rather you than me, I'm not so fit and I get bored walking all the time

Walking fool said...

Thanks for the encouragement.

"I'm not so fit and I get bored walking all the time."

That was me a few months ago! Or rather, I thought I'd get bored walking, but that turned out not to be the case. Once we hit Japan I'm sure getting bored will be the least of our worries. We'll be too busy trying not to get lost...and avoiding those bears.