Thursday 7 May 2009

What could go wrong now?

With just ten days to go before I'm due to leave for Japan, what could possibly prevent me from completing my walk as planned? Here are just a few things I can think of.
  • I get another ingrown toenail
  • I suffer a relapse of my groin strain
  • I suffer some other entirely new injury
  • I catch swine flu and get quarantined on arrival in Japan
  • I catch normal flu and get quarantined on arrival in Japan
  • I sit near someone who has swine flu on the plane and get quarantined on arrival in Japan
  • I sit near someone who has normal flu on the plane and get quarantined on arrival in Japan
  • The Air New Zealand cabin crew dispute escalates and my flight to Japan is canceled
  • A light plane crashes into the Sky Tower while I'm dining at the Orbit restaurant in Auckland the evening before my flight to Japan
  • I am attacked by a bear
Distance walked today: 0km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 308.2km
Days left until departure: 10

No comments: