Sunday 10 May 2009

A week to go

At last! A response from Twitter to the email I sent them over a week ago informing them that my account had apparently been hacked and asking them what the hell was going on. I quote:
Hi thewalkingfool,
It's been two weeks and we haven't been able to get to your request…
Agghh!

In other news, today I crossed off another thing on my to-do-before-leaving-for-Japan list by replenishing the wee first aid kit I took when we walked the Nakasendo in 2007. This mainly involved buying a few fresh bandages and a new tube of antiseptic cream (the old one having passed its use-by date unused). I still have a few Scholl gel blister plasters left, although hopefully I won't need them this time. Last time I had blisters before we even started the walk proper (I'd foolishly bought some new shoes just before leaving New Zealand), but they soon healed and I didn’t get any more. By the time we reached Tokyo the soles of my feet were as tough as leather. I'm also taking some anti-chafe balm to put on my feet. Erik gave me some of this last time, and it seemed to work wonders.

Distance walked today: 0km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 331.7km
Days left until departure: 7

No comments: