Monday 11 May 2009

Six days to go

I've started packing. I should have time to do one more long walk before I head off. However, I'm still worried that I'm underprepared. Mind you, looking through some of the posts I made before I set off to walk the Nakasendo in 2007, it was heartening to recall that I hardly did any training in the final two weeks.

Japan seems to be experiencing a bit of a heat wave at present. Temperatures are up into the 30s in some places. However, the forecast for the week ahead is for lows of around 15 and highs of around 25 degrees. Sounds like perfect weather for walking.

Distance walked today: 3km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 334.7km
Days left until departure: 6

2 comments:

Kok Leng Yeo said...

The weather is awesome now. Hahaha, but its been pretty crap these past two weeks. The first week it was zero deg at night, the second week it kept raining all day everyday. I arrive in Kyoto last Saturday, a whole week ahead of schedule, and only then did the weather improve. It was an awesome experience, I'm glad I did it, my thoughts are with you as you start yours. :)

Walking fool said...

Congratulations! I look forward to reading all about your trip, and seeing your photos.