Thursday 2 April 2009

Scenes from a 14.1km walk

A chilly morning followed by a beautifully fine day. Winter is definitely on the way. Down at the park they were marking out the football fields and setting up the goalposts.

I'm a bit worried about my lack of training. It's tempting to think that, because I've done it all before, I don't need to train as thoroughly this time. This morning I went for a three-hour walk out to Halswell and back. Everything felt good.

Every time I pass this house I feel like I'm back in Japan...not!

Hoon Hay Valley

Hoon Hay Valley

Speaks for itself

Old Halswell Quarry (now a park)

Distance walked today: 14.1km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 143.5km
Days left until departure: 45

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't see any squid?

Walking fool said...

Oddly, no. However, I did come across some colossal cows. I also saw some horses, sheep, deer, and goats. Oh, and a very pretty butterfly, which flew away as I was fiddling around trying to find the macro setting on my camera. Is that normal for this time of year?