Saturday 11 April 2009

Nose update

Today I finally plucked up enough courage to venture outside. I walked around the local neigbourhood for nearly an hour, being careful to avoid anywhere there might be a crowd and crossing the street whenever I saw someone walking in the opposite direction.

The nose is still a wreck. Bits of the graft are showing signs of returning to a natural skin colour, but the rest is still a reddish purple. There's a rim of dry blood around the circumference. If I cleaned this away it would look a lot better, but when I rang the hospital on Tuesday the nurse said to leave it. Also, I have to apply this goopy ointment that looks a bit like puss. The overall effect is like a small slab of meat that's been left outside for too long. And I have this on the side of my nose. So all things considered, the hooter is not something I want to foist on unsuspecting passersby at the moment thank you.

Distance walked today: 4.1km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 153.6km
Days left until departure: 36

No comments: