Wednesday 9 May 2007

The toe saga continues

Nothing much to report. I haven't slept well the last couple of nights because of my toe, although it seems to be better this afternoon.

Yesterday I biked over to Barrington to see my tax consultant. Since then the toe's been too sore even to put shoes on, let alone walk anywhere, plus I've been really busy with work, so another fat zero in the "Distance walked" column today, I'm afraid. It's been lovely weather for walking, which just compounds the frustration.

I have been spending a bit of time online looking into accommodation options for the Kisokaido Project. I've discovered that in addition to Daikokuya, there are at least five other Edo-period lodgings along the Nakasendo that still offer accommodation to travelers. Our schedule is such that we should be able to stay in one of these: Kanemaru Tsuchiya Ryokan.

Distance walked today: 0km
Total distance walked since blog began: 78.4km

No comments: