Sunday 1 March 2009

Blogging while walking

One thing I've yet to decide is whether or not I'll update this blog while I'm actually walking the Tokaido, and if so how. When Erik and I walked the Nakasendo, I kept a written diary each day, but I didn’t update my blog until I got home. Quite often the hotels we stayed in had computers in the lobby from which we could access the Internet, and Erik used these to update his blog. But I was usually too tired to do this. Plus I like to take my time when writing blog entries and usually edit what I've written a number of times. Not something I want to do standing in a hotel lobby.

I notice Blogspot offers an option whereby you can update your blog via email. I'll have a mobile phone with an email function with me when I do the walk. So I suppose I could do some brief daily updates that way and write full entries after I get back. It's obviously a topic that needs more thought.

Distance walked today: 0km
Total distance walked since Tokaido training began: 57.2km
Days left until departure: 77

No comments: