Wednesday 21 January 2009

This is for Grant

This will be the first and last time I imbed a YouTube music video on this blog.

I first began listening to Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers late last year after a trip to Japan during which I saw a local group perform This is For Albert from the album Caravan.

This number, I Remember Clifford, features Lee Morgan on trumpet. It was written in memory of another trumpeter, Clifford Brown, one of the all-time nice guys of jazz who was tragically killed in a car accident in 1956 at the age of just 25. Brown played with Blakey in the forerunner to the Jazz Messengers, the Art Blakey Quintet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why thank you. I'm honoured. Very pleasant too.
G

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.