Tuesday 27 January 2009

And the verdict is...

It's been pretty warm here the last couple of days. On Sunday I was invited to a barbecue at my sister's house on the other side of town. I thought it'd be a good opportunity to test some of my new synthetic walking wear, so I slipped on my Silver Ridge Convertible Pants along with my Boar Butte Long Sleeve Shirt, also by Columbia and bought for half-price at a sale recently, slapped on my waterproof/breathable Outdoor Research Nimbus Sombrero, and set off on foot.

It reached 30 degrees on Sunday, probably hotter than anything I'll experience during my walk in Japan, but I felt pretty comfortable throughout the journey, which took me an hour and twenty minutes. The trousers were fine. The material in the shirt doesn’t feel quite as nice, and left me feeling a bit sticky under the armpits.

Yesterday I walked to the supermarket and back in my Mountain Tech Short Sleeve Tee. The material is noticeably softer than the material in the long sleeve shirt I wore on Sunday and seems to breathe better. In fact it feels just like cotton.

No comments: