Sunday 7 October 2007

Two birds

Not quite the 25km promised yesterday, but a good workout nonetheless. They say that a change is as good as a rest, so instead of heading out to New Brighton, I veered north once I hit town and walked as far as the Northlands shopping mall. While there I ordered a pair of Size 8 New Balance 748s, which should arrive on my doorstep in two or three days. I'd intended to come home via a slightly more indirect route, but ended up following a walking track next to the railway line most of the way back, which probably cut a couple of kilometres off the walk. Still, I felt good all the way (certainly no soreness in the legs to speak of, and no blisters) and am convinced I could've done the full 25km without any problems.

Distance walked today: 18.3km
Total distance walked since blog began: 767.9km
Days left until launch of Kisokaido Project: 17

No comments: